Tuesday 4 May 2010

CyberCropping

Well, last weekend I took part in the UKS cybercrop.I was looking forward to a weekend of using up stash and intensive scrapbooking.The cybercrop was very technique driven, which suited me down to the ground. The week before I had checked the supply lists to make sure I had an approximation to what was needed. I began to make a list of things that I didn't have or coud substitute. Woah! 2 Ikea Frames,a large canvas, a heart shaped jig, a chipboard house, a mountain of glimmer mists,archival spray!......This was becoming expensive. I really wanted to take part as I love learning new techniques, so I acquiesced and bought some of these.

The classes were good, some great!I managed two the first night




On Saturday I waited for the House class as I had a feeling it would take some time.........6 hours later I finished, pleased but got nothing else done



On Sunday I did the next two classes




Tired and pleased with the work I'd achieved, I checked in later to discover I'd won a prize for Jumping over Waves. I was disappointed that I hadn't had time to do the challenges and indeed some other classes. Alas the Ikea frames are still sitting in my craftroom, I wasn't impressed with either class. Which brings me to question is there any way of knowing in advance what the class entails? I could have spent my money on some of the new Tim Holtz dies and have got a lot of use from them. I will use the frames for another purpose so all is not lost but I feel a stash budget should be introduced to avoid the class designers going overboard

3 comments:

Kathy said...

we must put the Ikea frames to good use!

Ifa said...

That's a good idea Olive. I myself don't buy expensive tools and dies so I always try to think about all the things people have to buy to complete a LO.

Caroline and Jayne said...

lovely photos . We are going to a wedding in prague very soon !
You must come and show us your craft projects on our blog www.fiskarettes.co.uk they are lovely & sure the Fiskarettes would love to see x